Ms.Boston and Ms. Reed are looking for our Helen Ruffin Reading Bowl team for the 2018-19 school year.
If you are interested in trying out for the team please start reading the following books! We would like you to read each book at least 2 times and practice possible questions that will be provided to each teammate in the fall.
Here is the 2018-19 Reading List for elementary students:
2018-2019 Georgia Children’s Book Award Finalists (Gr. 4 - 8)
- Akins, Laura. (2017). Fred Korematsu Speaks Up (Illus. Yutaka Houlette). Berkeley, CA: Heyday
- Brown, Jennifer. (2015). How Lunchbox Jones Saved Me from Robots, Traitors, and Missy the Cruel. New York, NY: Bloomsbury
- Edge, Christopher. (2016). The Many Worlds of Albie Bright. New York, NY: Delacorte
- Helget, Nicole. (2017). The End of the Wild. New York, NY: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers.
- Hicks, Deron R. (2017). The Van Gogh Deception. New York, NY: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Johnson, Jaleigh. (2017). The Quest to the Uncharted Lands. New York, NY: Delacorte
- McGhee, Holly M. (2017). Matylda, Bright and Tender. Somerville, MA: Candlewick.
- O’Donnell Tubb, Kristin. (2017). A Dog Like Daisy. New York, NY: Katherine Tegen Books
- Souders, Taryn. (2015). Dead Possums are Fair Game. New York, NY: Sky Pony Press.
- Torres, Jennifer. (2017). Stef Soto, Taco Queen. New York, NY: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
We hope you will consider being on the team!